Pop quiz: if a beloved children's author who wrote a series of books about good vs evil and about good winning was confronted with injustice, what would the author's reaction be?
If it is JK Rowling that we are referring to above, the answer is to choose to fight for injustice of course.
She is joined by other people who are affiliatd with various "Friends of Israel" groups and including Eric Pickles (who thinks that the UK Government Foreign office is too "pro" Palestinian and lacking the required empathy with Israel) in being signatories to a letter challenging the boycott of Israel and arguing against the cultural boycott of Israel.
As with all pro Israel arguments, the truth is coddled and spun in a way where any action for justice or against oppression seems unreasonable.
"If only the two groups could talk, they would sort themselves out!"
Except, no that has never been the problem.
The reason there has been a call for boycott, divestment and sanctions is precisely because talk has failed.
Of Israel, the Palestinians were booted from or made second class citizens in 78% of their land in 1948 and 1967. In 1993, the Palestinians agreed to accept this and to be allowed to be left in peace in the remaining 22%.
Now that same 22% has been shrunk down via ongoing settlement activity into something that is tiny clumps of land which cannot form a Palestinian state and further, Israel has said it will never accept as a proper state.
That is official Israeli policy. The Palestinians stick by the Oslo agreement, but are daily being asked to compromise even more when Israel is unwilling to act.
These warm and fuzzy calls asking people to talk more are simply an attempt to hide the truth, cover it up and make everyone feel good about supporting injustice.
How many of you supported Voldermort when reading/watching Harry Potter? That is precisely what is being asked!
Even more than this, these same people who want to speak and want talk instead of boycott, will choose silence when asked to talk.
Recently MSNBC showed an infographic relating to the loss of Palestinian land since before the creation of Israel. The Israelies and their supporters cried foul and in the end MSNBC apologised and withdrew the map.
Mondoweiss carried out a fact check and despite some simplifications, it was correct. The simplifications favoured Israel as it showed it existing before it did and it shows the Golan heights as Israeli territory and not captured Syrian territory.
Here, the Zionists prefer silence over talking, but when people want to get active for Justice, they prefer the hot air coming out of people's mouths over actions that willaffect the pockets of those spreading injustice.